Paua Shell Mother & Child Beachstone Necklace
A pair of real farmed paua shells representing Mother & Child. An organic nature necklace to tell your story of motherhood. Paua shells are sculpted with beachstone and dangle on a delicate sterling silver chain necklace.
Beachstone setting – Inspired by the organic beauty of beach sand & stones, we’ve created these ‘beachstone’ settings out of resin putty and clay. Hand formed with New Zealand beach sand inclusions, we’ve chosen marine turquoise to match the hues of the paua and the ocean.
– Blue Paua (Blue Abalone) symbolises the unique beauty of New Zealand as it is a native marine mollusc found along the Kiwi shores.
– Paua’s iconic internal lustre represents true inner beauty that never fades away but grows & matures with time.
- shell height: mother approx 15-20mm, baby approx 5-10mm
- chain: 45cm or 50cm, sterling silver
– packaging: charcoal black cardboard box, wrapped in tissue wrapping paper and sticker
Paua shells have been sourced from a sustainable and ethical local paua farm. These shells have not reached full maturity so have been sustainably repurposed for jewellery.
We work with natural elements to create pieces that are one-of-a kind. What you receive might not look exactly the same as what is pictured, but each piece will share your individuality and uniqueness!