A fragment from a kina (sea urchin) shell, hand formed with sculptor's clay and silver-plated at 3 microns. Textured shell has been plated with 18k gold. Hangs on a sterling silver fine chain necklace.
WEAR & SHARE YOUR STORY
- Kina is an endemic (indigenous) sea urchin that can be found along the coasts of New Zealand. This kina necklace symbolises all of what it means to live on this beautiful island. Would make for a great keepsake to remind anyone with fondness and joy for all things Kiwiana!
- Kina is known for its prickly spikes, once come off, reveal the beautiful textured patten that lays beneath.
- shell height: approx 13-15mm
- chain metal: sterling silver or 18k goldplated on sterling silver
- packaging: charcoal black cardboard box
Kina shell found and collected from one of the beaches of the Bay of Islands, New Zealand
We work with natural elements to create pieces that are one-of-a kind. What you receive may not look exactly the same as what is pictured, but each piece will share your individuality and uniqueness!